2008-02-26

Danger, Mavado, and Macaco for free this week on iTunes

0 comments

Free singles this week on iTunes are a bit meh this week, methinks. But let's take a look anyway.

1. 11h30 - Danger
First of all, this guy calls himself "Danger". Since he's French, I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Danger meant something different in French. But, no. Danger just means "danger" in French. I don't know about you, but I only respect people whose middle name is Danger.

Then there's the fact that his album cover has a big black pyramid on it. Let me repeat that. The guy who makes thumping electro-house music put a big black pyramid on his cover. Daft Punk much, anyone?

After all of that, you start thinking. Wow, this guy has some serious cajones. I wonder if he's all tricked out in a robot costume or something. But, no. This is what Danger looks like:
That is one dangerous looking goatee!

Despite the fact that this guy is obviously trying too hard, the single rocks. I'm not kidding. I think I might get the entire album if this is indicative of his direction. The guy has started using guitars (yes, guitars!!!) in his house music. Thank the stars for Danger.

2. Last Night - Mavado
Mavado is a reggae singer, and I guess that's why I can't understand a single word he says. The single is repetitive and boring, but the lyrics are intoxicating indecipherable. Take this sample from the second verse:
"And Dem A Wonda Weh Mi Watch Be
Want Fi Buss Mi Head
An Want Fi Mek Docta Cant Even Patch Mi
Bout A Born Mi Born A Nuh Woman Hen Hatch Mi
Tell Informa Mission Gun Mi Hav Di Factory
Swear Seh Dem Kill Mi D.N.A It Did Match Mi"

Genius!

3. Mama Tierra - Macaco

This Spain export reminds me of a latino Sugar Ray with his record-scratching sounds, vocal echos, and quick rhythmic vocal lines. But also like Sugar Ray, it's infectious. Worth a try.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: