2008-03-25

Free iTunes Tuesday: Lady Antebellum, Hayes Carll, Chana

0 comments


Country fans: this is your week for free iTunes music. Let's dig in:

1. Love Don't Live Here - Lady Antebellum
I'm not sure what to say about this one. It's a nice country song, full of twang and harmonies and break-up angst. I guess I could point out that the singer Charles Kelly is the brother of Josh Kelley, who is married to Katharine Heigl. That's kind of interesting, I guess.

2. She Left Me For Jesus - Hayes Carll
Wildly clever country song. All I need to do to sell you on this one is post the lyrics of the chorus:
"She left me for Jesus, and that just ain't fair.
She said that He's perfect, how could i compare?
She says that I should find him, and I'll know peace at last.
If I ever find Jesus, I'm kickin' His ass."

Love it.

3. La Duda - Chana
I was hoping to report that "La Duda" translated to "The Dude" because that would be an awesome name for a song. But it translates to "The Doubt", which is still pretty cool.

La Chana is Rosanna Tavarez, a vocalist and songwriter of Dominican heritage who grew up in New York and Miami. This track is kind of awesome: dance rock meets power pop. It reminds me a lot of CSS. Highly recommended.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: