2008-04-13

John Mayer likes Dave Barnes, so you should too.

4 comments



"How do I say this diplomatically? I don't love everything I hear," Mayer writes on his blog. "I think that's fair to say. When I hear something I do love, it stands out. And if it's in the singer/songwriter genre, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Dave Barnes is that sore thumb. My thumb aches for Dave Barnes (one word: T-Shirt!). I was trolling the internet a while back – for songs – and came across a tune of his called 'Grace's Amazing Hands' and I was immediately floored."

"Dave and I have kept up over the years, but it took listening to his tunes recently to realize that I've been comatose when it comes to calling out his name in public... He's one of those rare talents that comes so complete out of the box that you can't ask to change a thing, even if you think at first you want to. It just is – and it's great. Dave has never pounced on me, he sends his CD and then – rightfully so – let's the music do the promoting. And he's right in thinking it works. Even though I'm late as hell in responding."

His new album is called "Me and You and The World", and it's so up and coming, it's both in the iTunes top10 right now, AND it only costs $5.99. If you're into the John Mayer/smooth voice/r&b over acoustic guitar thing, you should definitely grab this one.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Music For Photographers said...

I have come across a new source for royalty free stock music , video for Wedding Photographers, Portrait Photographers, Wedding Videographers, Non-Profit Organizations, Ministries & Churches, and Production Companies.
Music Licensing

mediafirezone said...

Now you can match with 50 Cent using the new revolutionary music playerThe Dj-1

Jackson said...

This is the content I would love to read.

Itunes
Pandora

Jackson said...

Hi!…..Cool Idea…..Brilliant Stuff.

Rap Music
Underground Hip Hop